For 2019–2020 academic sessions, the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board will conduct common entrance examination titled JECA-2019 for admission to Master of Computer Application (MCA) course in various institutions in West Bengal. The application for this examination will be received ONLINE through https://wbjeeb.in/ or https://wbjeeb.nic.in/JECACMS/public/home.aspx
Common Criteria :
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- There is no age limit to appear for the exam.
- There no stated limit on the number of times a candidate can appear for the exam.
Criteria 1 :
- The aspirant must have a Bachelor’s (UGC/AICTE recognized) degree of minimum 3 years duration except BBA with Mathematics at graduate or 10+2 level.
- Minimum qualifying marks for general category is 50% and 45% for reserved category candidates.
Criteria 2 :
- A Bachelor’s degree (UGC recognized) with aggregate of 60% for general category (45% for SC/ST) or BCA-AICTE recognized with aggregate of 60% for general and 45% for SC/ST category in Mathematics.
- Aspirants must also secure 60% aggregate in 10, 10+2 level and Mathematics, 45% each for SC/ST category.
Criteria 3 :
- UGC recognized any Graduate degree or AICTE recognized B.E/ B.Tech/ BCA degree.
- In addition to this, aspirants must have Mathematics at each level with 60% aggregate (45% for SC/ST/OBC).
- UGC recognized B.Sc degree in any discipline with 60% aggregate (45% for reserved category) and 55% aggregate in Mathematics.
- Aspirants must also secure 60% marks in 10, 10+2 level and Mathematics at each level
WBJEE JECA 2019 Exam Pattern
JECA is a three hour long computer based test. WBJECA Exam Pattern comprises two papers - Mathematics and Aptitude based test. For the first two hours, only Paper-1 will remain enabled and during the last one hour, only Paper-2 will remain enabled in the computer.
Paper - 1:
Mathematics (100 marks)
- This paper will be of 100 marks and will be of two hours.
- Students would be required to answer 100 MCQs (each bearing 1 marks) online.
- 1/4 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Paper - 2:
Aptitude test (50 marks)
- Part 2 will be of 50 questions of 1 marks each.
- For any questions answered incorrectly, 1/4 marks will be deducted.
- All questions will be MCQ type and has to be answered online in a duration of one hour.
Important Dates JEXPO 2019
- Online application with payment of fees : 02.04.19 - 16.04.19
- Downloading of confirmation page : 17.04.19 - 19.04.19
- Admit Card : 04.07.2019 tentative
- WBJEE JECA Date of examination : 13.07.2019
- Results : 13.08.2019 tentative